HDI Global SE (HDI) – Tenant Rep
CLIENT: HDI Global SE (HDI)
OUR ROLE: Tenant Representation
BACKGROUND: HDI were operating from two separate locations within Dublin (city centre/suburbs) and wanted their new office to combine the entities in one building.
HOW WE HELPED: a) Initially we met with HDI to discuss their business strategy on a 3-5 year timeframe and how many persons they estimated they would have employed during this period. In addition, we discussed how they wanted their office to ‘look and feel’, the practical requirements therein (meeting rooms; collaboration space, staff areas, etc). Finally, we prompted a debate over the location of the new office. This helped frame a both a size (sq.ft) requirement for office space and the necessary quality desired, ie, grade A.
- b) Once we agreed on a size and target location search area, we prepared our initial options report for review with the client.
- c) Grade A options within the search area were limited and we inspected a short list of buildings.
- d) Once we had narrowed down our search to a preferred option, we engaged with the Landlord’s agent and negotiated a deal that was equitable given the market conditions.
- e) The client sought our recommendation on a Lawyer and Building Surveyor, which we provided and initiated instructions. Our ‘One Stop Shop’ service.
- f) While the legals were not contentious, we did have to wear our Project Management hat to ensure queries and replies were followed up. We ‘Drive the Bus’ until completion of the legal process.
OUTCOME: HDI combined their two locations into one building and have spectacular views from their new penthouse offices in the CBD.
CLIENT TESTIMONIAL: “When I first met James, he told me that the whole process would take 6-9 months. I found that hard to be believe but he was completely accurate in his assessment, and this allowed us to plan our move efficiently around exiting our two existing offices. James’s vast experience in the office market is obvious and the help he provided us was top class. Always available, always solving for us. Job well done.”
Niall Carberry, Head of Underwriting, HDI Global SE Ireland